Software Testing and Quality Assurance
SSIS offers its clients well organised and process oriented QA (software testing) services with a team of highly skilled and professional resources. The QA services offered by SSIS help the clients in addressing the challenges faced in software testing sector. We have a well-defined QA process for Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) that works in parallel to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This process supports a delivery environment which is well distributed wherein work responsibilities can be equally divided between all the delivery teams associated with the projects. The QA processes defined for development and testing include all the phases of the Software development and Software testing.
Software testing is more than just error detection. This is one of the process of validation & Verification of the software by checking whether it's meeting the requirements mention in the scope document or Functional Requirements Document. Software Testing is essential because we all make mistakes and some of those mistakes are unimportant, but some of them are expensive or dangerous. However, some mistakes arise due to bad assumptions and blind spots. So, we may not notice the flaws in what developers have done.
Ideally, we should get someone else to check our work because another person is more likely to spot the flaws:
Importance of Software Testing:
- Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
- It's essential since it makes sure of the Customer's reliability and their satisfaction in the application
- It is very important to ensure the Quality of the product. Quality product delivered to the customers helps in gaining their confidence. (Know more about Software Quality)
- Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
- Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
- It's important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development.
Stages of Software Testing:
- Unit Testing: This test is done while development process. Main objectives to verify correctness of the module. This test to check that as individual parts are functioning is working as per the expectations. This is generally carried out by the developer.
- Integration testing: Integration Testing is starts once the module gets ready and integrated as group. Any application consists of multiple modules which are developed by multiple developers. Once all these modules gather together and it is important to check all the modules are functioning as per the defined scope. Integration testing is focuses to check modules integration is done properly and data flow, application flow is working properly.
- System testing: Multiple modules gather together become entire application / system. With this test, tester come to know entire application is functioning as per the defined scope. It is very important to do system test before it deliver to the customer.
- Acceptance testing: Once the system is ready, user / client checks the application as per business views and business need. This gives confidence to customer and certify the system with respect to the requirements that was agreed upon. This is beta testing of the product & evaluated by the actual end users. The main purpose of this testing is to validate the end to end business flow.